Those born under this zodiac will have birthdays that fall between December 22 and January 19. A sign seated in the heart of winter, these individuals embody all the rigidity and discipline of the season.
With a tendency towards responsibility, control, and decorum, Capricorns are among the less adventurous and progressive signs. Placing emphasis on traditional values, family ties, and order, these individuals are predictable almost to a fault.
Have a Capricorn in mind when you read a description like the one above? We are not surprised. These individuals may not be the life of a party, but they embody reliability, respect, and independence.
Like other earth signs, Capricorns are often considered to be stubborn and rigid in their view of the world. Tradition is valued over change, modesty over-excitement, and decorum over the spirit.
These are not inherently good or bad qualities, but their composition and the degree to which the rule over any given person can certainly leave an impression for better or worse.
The Capricorns sense of independence, hard work, and tenacity ensure they enjoy a lot of success throughout life, in business, and in relationships.
Unfortunately for the Capricorn, they are more likely to harbor a fear of the unknown. Those negative thoughts can keep them stagnant or stuck in place if they are unable to shake off those fears and progress forward.
- Emerald is a powerful stone that imbued the Capricorn with immense strength and constitution. This stone also helps temper anxiety and maintain calm when tempers may be rising.
- Onyx is a stone that helps to ward off the inherent feelings of negativity that Capricorns harbor. By bolstering faith in themselves and allaying fears, onyx brings about a balance to proceed in the face of adversity.
- Carnelian is a stone that many Capricorns may find useful in that it supports passion, determination, and the instinct to get things done. Instilling momentum and courage to move forward, carnelian is a great tempering stone that gives Capricorns the ability to see past emotions and get right to the business at hand.
- Garnet is another stone that improves confidence and determination. When unforeseen forces appear to be blocking progress, the Capricorn can rely on this precious stone to make it past obstacles and manifest the goal.
- Quartz will provide a significant boost to the user’s sense of purpose and improve their positive outlook. Mental faculties like memory receive a boost from this stone along with concentration and intellectual pursuits.
- Tiger’s eye can be used to strengthen physical and emotional energy for Capricorns. This includes confidence, creativity, and social interaction.
One might think Capricorn’s is a strange sort of representation, the goat with a fishtail, but it is really no stranger than the human torso and horse’s body of the Archer, Sagittarius.
These fantastic representations are a means of marrying shared traits of two unlike and familiar figure. Both the goat and fish are orderly and sometimes fearful animals, much like the precarious Capricorn.
That said, many of the advantages of both example species are prevalent in Capricorns, such as cooperation, traditional roles and values, and responsibility to the greater whole, which would be the school or herd.
Capricorn gravitates towards darker colors that are more representative of the body and natural structures. For this reason, browns, blacks, greys, dark greens, and similar colors are often associated with this zodiac sign.
Lucky bamboo is one plant popular among Capricorn as it is simple, practical, and can be managed with little attention.
Along those same lines is any form of bonsai, which brings out the discipline and calculated side of the sign.
Bromeliad is another plant that Capricorns will gravitate towards. These are aesthetically pleasing plants that tend to rely on external structures and neighbor plants to help support their growth and extension beyond their initial foundation, much like Capricorns themselves.
Psychic Strengths Of Capricorn
When it comes to strengths, Capricorn is one of the most predictable and dependable signs. Their ability to exercise great self-control and organize thoughts and tasks to make them excellent managers of themselves and others.
Determination and patience are other staples of Capricorns’ hard-working nature. These individuals are willing to go further than most, especially in the face of difficulty.
Psychic Weaknesses Of Capricorn
While many of the above benefits can help the Capricorn day to day, some of them can also act as a detriment when taken to the extreme.
Take for instance the stubborn nature of the Capricorn. The unwillingness to budge on a given topic could lose Capricorn a business deal or a relationship if they are unwilling to compromise. Along those same lines, conceit and overbearing tendencies will also turn off people from collaborating or becoming close with a Capricorn who is unwilling to meet others in the middle.
The Relational Powers of Capricorn
Relationships with Capricorns are often found to be difficult. Stubborn as the old goat, the Capricorn that adheres to their stereotypical characteristics will find it difficult to foster deeper relationships. On the other hand, their managerial and organizational skills are very effective in business and group settings.
We break down this analysis into the varying relationships of our daily lives.
Capricorns are exceptional managers of personnel and have no problem telling people how they want things done and when they want things done.
These qualities can often lead to Capricorns butting heads with their colleagues, but so long as they deliver results, few can argue against their method of leadership.
In romance, the Capricorn loves to lead. They will take plenty of time to feel out of a relationship before taking things to the next level as Capricorn are quite guarded and cautious when it comes to love.
Familial relations are quite important to Capricorns. They have strong ties to close and extended family and hold traditions in high regard.
Capricorns look forward to any celebration that solidifies these ties and propagates their enjoyment of making memories together.
Trustworthy and loyal, Capricorns put up a rugged and stubborn front but are often among the most caring and generous people to have as a close friend once you’ve been let past their self-imposed outer walls.